Thursday, October 11, 2007

THE CRITICIZED PREACHER

If he's young he lacks experience; if his hair is gray, he's too old.

If he speaks from notes, he has canned sermons; if he is extemporaneous, he wonder.

If he spends time in his study, he neglects the people; if he visit, he's a gadabout.

If he is attentive to the poor, he's playing to the grandstand; if to the wealthy, he's trying to butter his bread.

If he suggests improvements, he's a dictator; if he dosen't. he's short of vision.

If he condemns wrong, he's cranky and intolerant; if he dosen't, he is a compromiser.

If he preaches thirty-five minutes, he's windy; if less he's lazy.

If he preaches truth, he's offensive; if not, he's a hypocrite.

If he fails to please everyone, he's hurting the church; if he does, he has no convictions.

If he preaches on giving, he's a money grabber; if he dosen't, he's not developing the people.

And some folks think the preacher has an easy time.

But- you can mke it easier for him and happier for yourself by exercising a little more tolerance.



THOUGHT FOR TODAY:

God bless us with leaders of vision - who sees as God sees. To follow you I'm not content , until I know which way you went.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

AUNT MARY! I REALLY LIKE THAT AND IT IS SO VERY TRUE.

Lisa said...

GOOD NIGHT! AUNT MARY AND UNCLE CHARLES I PRAY YOU BOTH HAVE A BLESS WEEKEND I LOVE YOU BOTH. AND AUNT MARY THANKS AGAIN FOR WALKING WITH ME THIS MORNING.

Lisa said...

AUNT MARY! I JUST WANTED TO SAY GOOD NIGHT TO YOU AND UNCLE CHARLES. IF I DON'T SEE YOU THIS WEEK HAVE A BLESS ONE AND KNOW THAT I AM THINKING OF YOU OKAY. I LOVE YOU MUCH.

Lisa said...

HEY! AUNT MARY I PRAY YOU ARE FEELING BETTER TODAY. I MISSED SEEING YOU THIS MORNING I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH. BY THE WAY MY FRIEND LADY MELISSA SUTTON HAS A PAGE HERE TO YOUR PAGE IS QUIETTIMECAFE.BLOGSPOT.COM