Thursday, September 6, 2007

I HAVE THE EDGE

For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: For a living dog is better that a dead lion. (Ecclesiastes 9:4)

I have the edge, for I have life. Here is an outline of life: Tender Teens, Teachable Twenties, Tireless Thirties, Fiery Forties, Forceful Fifties, Serious Sixties, Sacred Seventies, Aching Eighties, Nappy Nineties... shortening breath, Death.

As long as I stay above the latter, there is still hope for me. For where there's life there's hope. For this reason, a living dog is better than a dead lion.

Life is an opportunity to improve - every today is another chance.

Life lets me think - may my thoughts be constructive, elevating and uplifting.

Life lets me talk - may my efforts center on the things that count the most and last the longest.

For a greater edge and more fruitful living, let each look to God who is the giver of life.

For He holds the key.

Indeed, life is a story 1 volumes three:
The Past
The Present
The Yet-to-be
The first is finished and laid away,
The second we're reading day by day,
The third and last of volume three
Is locked from sight;
God holds the key.
THOUGHT FOR TODAY:
One of the secerts of life is to make stepping stones out of stumbling blocks. Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.

2 comments:

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

wow - you have so much wisdom in so few words!! If only I could achieve that!!

Beautiful!! Have a great day!
Leigh

Shonda said...

Everyday I wake up, I thank God I have breath & I know His mercies are new every morning. Therefore, I have another chance to do better by His grace. Thanks for expressing these thoughts!

Blessings in Christ--